– Larissa - Greece
Year of Birth: 1955
Marital status: Married 2 children
Address: M. Katraki – Triandria – Thessaloniki
Web page: http://gtegos.acc.teithe.gr
November 1979: Bachelor in Business Administration, University of Macedonia (former A.B.S.TH.).
May 1985: Master in Computer Science, Queens College of the City University of New York.
in Informatics, department
of Informatics, Agricultural University of Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Subject: «PC-Information System concerning sea fishery time
series in Greece».
Excellent knowledge of English
Acad. years 1988-89, 1989-90 and 1990-91 - Temporary Assistant Professor, fully qualified, General Dept, Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki (ATEITH).
From 02/09/1991 to 01/16/2007 - Assistant Professor, General Dept., ATEITH.
From 17/01/07 to 21/07/10 - Associate Professor, General Dept., ATEITH.
From 21/07/10 - Professor, General Dept., ATEITH.
From 05/09/13 - Professor, Informatics Dept., ATEITH.
From 03/08/15 – Professor, Accounting and Finance Dept., ATEITH.
From 06/10/1995 to 12/15/1995, 01/15/1996 to 29/03/1996 and 04/22/1996 to 06/13/1996 - Participation in Informatics training programs educating teachers of secondary education.
Spring semesters of acad. Year 1998 and 1999 - Assistant Professor at “Open University” (PSE) of ATEITH.
From 02/01/2005 to 01/31/2006 - Collaboration with the Department of Informatics of Agricultural University of Plovdiv (Bulgaria) on the application of scientific methods and knowledge in e-learning.
Çandbooks – Notes: Windows 2000 - MSWord 2000 - MS-DOS – GWBasic - Windows –Internet - Data Programming – Worksheets - Dbase IV - MS-Access – Information Technology
Research: During his occupation at TEI he has also participated in conferences, research projects and published several scientific papers as follows:
· Scientific Monograph
¨ Tegos G. K., 2005. «PC-Information System concerning sea fishery time series in Greece». Doctoral thesis.
· Publications in scientific journals
¨ Onkov, K., Tegos, G., Tsaikin, N., Dimova, D., 2002. «An algorithm for converting text files with a homogeneous structure into formatted type». Journal: Scientific researches of the union of scientists of Plovdiv - Vol. II., Pp 223-227.
¨ Tegos G.K., Onkov K.Z, 2004. «Ecological aspects of data series computer analysis concerning quantities of sea fish catches in Greece by principal species and fishing areas». Journal: Environmental Protection and Ecology (B.EN.A), Book 4, Vol. 5, pp 836-843.
¨ Tegos G.K., D.V. Stoyanova, K. Z. Onkov, 2005. «E-learning of trend modeling in a web-environment». Journal: ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, Vol. 37, Issue 2, pp. 70-74. ACM Press, New York, USA.
¨ V. Mizov, K. Onkov & G. Tegos, 2006. «Economic Analysis of Greek Sea Fishery on the basic of a time series Database». Scientific International Journal:-Agricultural Economics and Management, Bulgaria, pp. 48-58.
¨ G. Tegos, K. Onkov, 2006. «An approach to software packaging of PC time series database relying on statistical data from mainframe computer». Journal: Annual School. Lectures, Sofia.
¨ G. Tegos, K. Onkov, 2007. «Ecological concerns from queries analysis of PC-Fishery time series database of Greece». Journal: Environmental Protection and Ecology, V. 10 (1), pp. 295-301
¨ G.K. Tegos, K.Z. Onkov, 2009. «Algorithm for Categorizing Fish Species at Risk». Journal of Environmental Informatics, 14 (2), 83-88, Canada. ISSN: 1684-8799/1726-2135.
¨ K.Z. Onkov, G.K. Tegos, 2011. « Information model for sustainability analysis of fish resources in Greece». Journal: Environmental Protection and Ecology 12, Íï 4Á, 2117-2185.
¨ G. K. Tegos, K. Z. Onkov, 2015. «Prognoses of Sea-Fish Species Catches in Greece in Biological and Biodiversity Risk». Journal: Environmental Protection and Ecology, book 1, vol.16, pp. 92-97.
· Publications in Conference with review System
¨ Tegos G. K., Stoyanova, D.V., Onkov, K.Z., 2004. "HTML-Presentation of Fishery Time Series Database and Trend Modeling for the Purpose of E-learning». Proceedings of HAICTA International Conference, «Inf. Systems & Innovative Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment », Vol. I, pp 115-121. University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki.
¨ G. Tegos & K. Onkov, 2006. «Forecasting algorithm based on automatic model fitting for varying length time series» Proceedings of the 18th Hellenic Conference on Operations Research «Planning, Information Retrieval ..», Vol. 1, pp. 241-249. University West. Macedonia, Kozani.
¨ G. Tegos & K. Onkov, 2006. «Seasonality Assessment Based on Embedded Software in the PC Time Series Database for Greek Sea Fishery». Proceedings of HAICTA International Conference, «Information Systems in Sustainable agriculture», Vol. III, pp 995-1003. University of Thessaly, Volos.
¨ G. Tegos & K. Onkov, 2007. «Development and application of queries to PC fishery database of Greece for time series analysis». Proceedings of AVA 3 «International Conference on Agricultural Economics, Rural Development and Informatics», University of Debrecen, Hungary.
¨ K. Onkov & G. Tegos, 2008. «Algorithmic Solution for Analysis of Time Series Database» Proceedings of HAICTA 2008, 4th International Conference on «Information and Communication Technologies in Bio and Earth Sciences», pp 158-162. Agricultural University of Athens.
¨ Kolyo Z. Onkov, Georgios K. Tegos, 2012. «Management solutions for fish resources in Greece based on analysis of multi-dimensional database». Proceedings of the International Conference “Sustainable landscape planning and safe environment”, BENA 2012, 95-103 (2012).
¨ G. K. Tegos, K. Z. Onkov, 2014. «Studying the dynamics of fish catches in Greece – biodiversity and Sustainability». Proceedings of International Congress on “Green Infrastructure and Sustainable Societies/Cities” (GreInSus 2014), İzmir, TURKEY, on May 8–10.
¨ K. Æ. Onkov, G. Ê. Tegos, 2014. «Forecasting algorithm adaptive automatically to time series length». Proceedings of 10th IFIP WG 12.5 International Conference AIAI, IFIP. Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Volume 436, pp 538-545: Rhodes, Greece, September 19-21.
¨ Georgios K. Tegos, 2015. « Spatial and temporal data analysis of Cephalopods catches in Greece». Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment (HAICTA 2015). September 17-20, 2015, Kavala, Greece. Vol. 1498. p.p. 480-488
· Chapters in Books
¨ Tegos, Georgios, Kolyo Onkov, 2015. Chapter Title: “Time series database analysis on fishery in Greece”. IGI Global, 701 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey PA 17033-1240, USA, email@example.com.
· Scientific references
¨ Scientific Work: Tegos, G. K., D. V. Stoyanova, K.Z. Onkov, 2005. «E-learning of trend modeling in a web-environment». Journal: ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, V. 37 (2), pp. 70-74. ACM Press, New York, USA
1. Tung-Hsien Juan, 2006. Designing and Analyzing
a Cluster System for Network File Services. Dissertation and thesis. Department
of Information Management. Southern Taiwan University.
2. Ahmed Taha Jimi, 2007. Networked e-information
services to support the e-learning process at Business and Engineering Library,
UAE university, Emerald Journals & Databases.
3. Justus J. Randolph, 2007. A METHODOLOGICAL REVIEW OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
EDUCATION RESEARCH: 2000-2005. A dissertation for DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY in
4. Ajlan Suliman Al-Ajlan, 2008. Service
Oriented Computing for Dynamic Virtual Learning Environments. A Dissertation
Submitted in partail fulfilment of the requirements
for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Software Technology Research
Laboratory, De Montfort University, United Kingdom.
https: / / www.dora.dmu.ac.uk/handle/2086/2416
5. Wei Hu, Tianzhou Chen, and Qingsong Shi, 2009. Collaborative Web-Based E-learning Environment for Information Security Curriculum. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology v53-p.489-492. http://www.akademik.unsri.ac.id/download/journal/files/waset/v53-79-oaj-unsri.pdf
6. Kim, Hyen-Ki, 2009. A study on the Backup Path of Overlay Multicast for QoS. Journal of the Korea Industrial Information System Society. V. 14, Is. 4, pp.49-56
7. Wei, Hu, Tianzhou, Chen, Qingsong, Shi, 2010. “Collaborative Web-Based E-learning Environment for Information Security Curriculum”, International Journal of Human and Social Sciences 5:7, pp. 468, 471
8. Wei, Hu, Tianzhou, Chen, Qingsong, Shi, 2010. “Collaborative Web-Based E-learning Environment for Information Security Curriculum”, International Journal of Behavioral, Cognitive, Educational and Psychological Sciences 2:1, pp. 46, 49
9. Wang G., Wang H., Tao X., Zhang J., 2011. “Positive Influence Dominating Set in E-Learning Social Networks”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Volume 7048, pp. 85, 90. http://www.springerlink.com/content/y9w2781751lun250/
10. Leung, H., Popescu, E., Cao, Y., Lau, R.W.H., Nejdl, W. (Eds.), 2011. “Advances in Web-based Learning – ICWL. Proceedings of 10th International Conference Hong Kong, China, December 8-10.Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg
11. Y. R. Gel, R. J. O’Hara Hinesa, He Chen, K. Noguchi & V. Schoner, 2014. “Developing and Assessing E-Learning Techniques for Teaching Forecasting”. Journal of Education for Business. Volume 89, Issue 5
¨ Scientific Work: Onkov K., Tegos G. 2005. «An approach to software packaging of PC time series database relying on statistical data from mainframe computer». IEEE Journal of Annual School. Lectures, 2005, V. 25 (2), pp. 3-7.
1. Bachvarova, S., 2007.
PC TIME SERIES DATABASE ON CEREALS GROWING IN BULGARIA, International
Conference on Agricultural Economics, Rural Development and Informatics,
University of Debrecen Centre of Agricultural Sciences.
¨ Scientific Work: Tegos, G. K., K. Z. Onkov, 2004. «Ecological aspects of data series computer analysis concerning quantities of sea fish catches in Greece by principal species and fishing areas». Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology, V. 4 (5), pp 836-843.
1. Bachvarova, S., 2007. PC TIME SERIES DATABASE ON CEREALS GROWING IN BULGARIA, International Conference on Agricultural Economics, Rural Development and Informatics, University of Debrecen Centre of Agricultural Sciences. http://www.avacongress.net/ava2007/presentations/poster/3.pdf
¨ Scientific Work: Mitzov, V., K. Onkov, G. Tegos, 2006. «Economic Analysis of Greek Sea Fishery on the basic of a time series Database». Scientific International Journal of Agricultural Economics and Management, Bulgaria, pp. 48-58.
1. Round table discussion, 2007.
Research Projects – Lectures abroad
· 01/01/2009 to 12/31/2009: Participation in a research project on "Modelling the effect of boron to develop formulations of the brown rot on peaches. Contractor ATEI, STEF School, General Department.
· 2009 –: Responsible / involved in two proposals for "Archimedes III" project and one for "Thales" project.
Lectures to Erasmus students of Informatics
Department of Agricultural University of Plovdiv, Bulgaria, and the «University
of Life sciences, Prague, Czech Republic / Dept. of Information Engineering, as
- May 2006. «Software techniques for processing data from Statistical Databases concerning the production of Subtropical cultures»
- December 2006. «Retrieval and processing of data from big web-databases»
- May 2007. «Exploring, processing and analysis of data from web databases"
- January 2008. «Database models - Transformation of Chen diagram to Relational Database»
- June 2008. «Queries analysis of the pc-fishery time series database of Greece»
- December 2008. «Classification algorithm for tracing Greek fish species at risk»
- June 2009. «Data Mining of Fish Species at Risk in Greece»
- December 2009. «Algorithm for Categorizing Fish Species at Risk»
- June 2010. «Design and Normalization of Time Series Database»
- January 2011. «Design and Normalization of Time Series Database»
- June 2011. «The stages of development before the process of database design»
- December 2011. «Object Oriented Databases»
- May 2013. «Hierarchical Databases»
- January 2013. «Data Mining Tools and Methods for Solving Problems»
- May 2013. «Object Oriented vs. Relational Databases »
- November 2013. «Multidimensional Fishery Time Series (FTS) database in Greece»
- January 2014. «Studying the dynamics of fish catches in Greece – biodiversity and sustainability»
- October 2014: «Forecasting algorithm adaptive automatically to time series length»
- March 2015: «Time series database analysis on fishery in Greece»
- June 2015: « Economic Analysis of Greek Sea Fishery on the Basis of a Time Series Data Base »
- November 2015: «Spatial and temporal data analysis of Cephalopods catches in Greece stored in FTS Database»
Referee in international journals
· Reviewer in the journal of Environmental Informatics. JEI Editorial Office, 4246 Albert Street, Suite 413, Regina, SK S4S 3R9, Canada. ISSN :1726-2135
Participation in scientific Groups - organizations
· Member of the Internal Evaluation Group (OMEA) of the General Department of THEITH
· Member of HAICTA (Hellenic Association of Information and Communication Technology in Agriculture, Food and Environment).
· Member of B.EN.A (Balkan Environmental Association).
· From 2001 he has been included in the Register of Instructors of the National Accreditation Centre of Vocational Training & Support Services.
Training development - laboratory equipment:
· Since 1991 he has been the person in charge of Database lab of Accountancy Department of ÔÅÉ, where he lectures, and has participated in its innovation so as to support, from one side modern programs of Information technology, on the other side the completion of work of students during their study.
· He has contributed in shaping the curriculum of courses in the study guide of Accountancy department in which the educational personnel of General department offers instructive support.
Exercise management in higher education:
· As a member of the teaching staff of General Department of Faculty of Technological Applications of TEI of Thessaloniki, he has served three times as head of Sector of Applied Informatics and twice as deputy head of the same sector.
· From 1-9-2008 till 31-8-2013 he was the Head of Department above.